Sunday, September 18, 2011

Sunday Morning and Couponing

A Sunday Morning Confession:

I woke up to a sort of dreary day, got the Boston Sunday Globe from the front steps, and made myself a cup of tea.  I sat at my dinning room table (finally moved in!) and started reading the paper.  I know I already sound like I am middle aged.  And once I hit the middle of the paper I found.....coupons.

I thought about it for a moment.  Do I want to be the kind of woman that coupons?  Do I want to be the person at the check-out line that is holding everyone else up because of my envelope full of coupons?  It was a real moral dilemma, as I am sure you can imagine.  But the visuals I was conjuring up in my mind didn't make very much of and impact and before I knew it I had scissors in hand and I was couponing.  Is couponing even a word?





I know what your thinking....has Rach gone off the deep end?  Is she hunkered down in her apartment in PJs, with her cats and just couponing?  And to be very honest with you, that may be the case, at least for today.  I am nesting (yes it is a real thing).....having nightmares about paint colors and anxiety about whether we should paint the cabinets or change the shower curtain.  Its a phase (I hope) and as soon as Dan is home, the wedding is closer, and this apartment is painted I will return to civilization with my coupon envelope in hand.

1 comment :

  1. omg you're going to be the next extreme couponer!! mark my words:)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!