Tuesday, June 19, 2012

life lately

Everyday has a new surprise, that for sure is true.  And the past few days were no exception.  
Oh beautiful, wonderful life.

Saturday we had our family over for a BBQ and let me tell you, there is nothing like our family.  Not only did we have enough food to feed an army but Dan also got together a family kickball game.  Hilarious! I didn't take to many photos because I was busy visiting {and playing kickball} but here are a few.
 My mother in law has been a teacher for 24 years and this was her last school year.  So we celebrated with a musical card {Dan seriously can't get enough of them} and a cake from Lyndell's Bakery.  
 I made this delicious treat {thanks Kelly!} that everyone loved.
 And we finally got our garden pretty much planted for the occasion....it is coming along.  Look at all my cucumber seedlings in the pot next to the slate walk.

Everyone cleared out at a reasonable hour except my mom and dad who spent the night at our house.  Dan dug out our top of the line blow up bed and got it all set up in our guest room/office.  Now this bed is kind of a big deal. It is seriously more comfortable than our own bed {sad but true}.  We plugged that baby in and inflated it.  Things were looking pretty good in that spare room of ours.  That bed wasn't out for more than 15 minutes before it started deflating.  Yup, I went in to put some clean sheets on it and our beloved blowup bed was losing air.  Dan went in with head lamp and all to figure out what was causing this problem and well he found the culprit...
oh I know he looks cute but he is dangerous when it comes to plastic.  Brody is known for climbing in the bathtub and biting the bottom of the shower curtain.  I should have known the second he got his hands on that blow up bed it would be over.  Dan spent a good hour in the guestroom patching the holes...there were so many of them.

Moving on....
My dad had a really great Father's Day.  We walked, went to church, grilled out, and of course took a nap.  Sunday was a pretty relaxing day for all us not just papa bear.  

Moving on once again....
 
This was a photo I got via text message in the middle of my work day yesterday.  Dan had my car for the day {yes I drove his "man truck" to work}.  I instantly freaked out, not because of my poor little car but because I was worried about my husband.  Well it turns out Dan wasn't even in the car when this happened.  Thank God!  A young 16 year old girl backed into it while it was parked on the street.  It actually sounds a lot like something I would have done when I was 16.  Oh but my poor little car, it should be back to and running in a few days.

Well that's what has been going on in these parts lately.  
I hope everyone had a great weekend and a happy Father's Day!

2 comments :

  1. Looks like you all had a wonderful time and I'm SO glad you enjoyed the funfetti dip! Isn't it addicting?! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I *love* family bbq's! Your pictures are adorable!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!