Friday, June 29, 2012

oh hello vacation

Its that time...yup, vacation.  I took a week off from work and I can't tell you how good it feels to have no agenda.  Yesterday my only plans were to work out, go to the beach, and then hit up the grocery store.  Check, check, and check.  I was glorious.
I have been taking my husbands advice {he is a brilliant man}.  Taking one day at a time and allowing myself some good old fashioned downtime.  That's not my nature.  I like to be busy with projects, plans, whatever.  But now I love me some downtime.  It is something to be thankful for and I really don't know how I lived without it for so long.  So instead of filling my day with who knows what; I spent it on the beach, relaxing, and gaining some perspective. I got a tan too.
{hat // j.crew, towel // ralph lauren}
 Above are my beach essentials.  Not pictured would be my favorite sunglasses {there something Elton John would wear}, sunscreen, the beach bag I put everything in, and of course my bikini...that would be just plain embarrassing.  I have to tell you that I am an avid magazine reader {don't worry I read books too!} and I have saved loads of money subscribing to magazines rather than just picking them up at the store.  I don't know why this took me so long to realize but it did.  It was another thing my sweet husband pointed out.  He is such a gem.

Well I am off to celebrate Sara and Tim's wedding this weekend and then we are headed to Acadia for some camping.  I hope everyone has a happy and safe 4th of July {my favorite holiday}!

2 comments :

  1. loving these beach pictures - its important to take time to do that...husbands know best ;)

    excited to be your newest follower!
    love,
    elisabeth
    lavitaebella-elisabeth.blogspot.com

    ps. and just started following you on instagram :)
    (@elisabethgringeri)

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE the beach:) Spent all afternoon and evening at the beach yesterday with a dear friend! I didn't want to leave:) Hope you have a wonderful 4th! love Katie!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!