Tuesday, August 28, 2012

DIY : slate coasters

I have never been one to use a coaster but when I got married and moved in with Dan I realized very quickly that Dan uses a coaster {and expects me to as well} always.  I decided if I was going to have to use a coaster than I was going to at least like looking at it.  So I headed out to Home Depot  determined to create slate coasters.

 
What you need:

How to:
I cleaned the slate with a wet paper towel because they are dusty.  On the underside of the slate I placed a felt pad on the each of the four corners of the slate. That is it my friends!




4 comments :

  1. you should add a thin fabric on the bottom side or else your table would be full of scratches.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Our Slate Coasters are made from natural slate. With its square shape and black finish, these slate coasters will make your tables and desks look great and interesting click here slate coasters

    ReplyDelete
  3. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the book in it or something. I think that you can do with some pics to drive the message home a little bit, but instead of that, this is great blog. A great read. I will definitely be back... slate coasters

    ReplyDelete
  4. Engraving on slate is a technique that allows you to personalize slate and stone items for yourself or as gifts.

    Slate Coaster

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!