Monday, August 20, 2012

this weekend

Another weekend has come and gone and a beautiful one it was.  I hate to say it but I feel like summer is slipping through my fingers.  But it is not over yet.  This weekend was filled with dear friends, berry picking, and some time on the lake.  Perfect.

Most of Saturday was spent sitting on my parents NEW back deck, reading a good book, and drinking fancy water.  The original plan was to hit the beach but the threat of rain stopped me from packing up my fancy water and my beach bag.  Next best thing?  Well I ran on the beach instead.  I figured if it did ran it would only make me run faster.
 We spent Saturday night grilling delicious food outside with friends.  There may have been too much sangria and giggling but it was so good to catch up.   And when there is sangria and giggling involved I usually forget to take photos.  Sorry about that.
On Sunday I finally did some berry picking.  I missed strawberry season this year.  And my attempt at picking raspberries at my parents house was short lived.  So I picked {and ate} my weight in blueberries.  
It was the exactly what summer is all about....bare feet and handfuls of berries.  

2 comments :

  1. love love love this. sounds so summer perfect...like the good ol' days! I long for that:) have a great week girl, love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We were just too funny! So glad you came Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!