Wednesday, September 5, 2012

cream cheese toffee apple dip

We celebrated Labor Day this weekend with a big old fashion BBQ.  You never really can beat beautiful weather, the people you love, and some good food.  We {of course} had more than enough to eat and drink.  And I made my favorite treat for fall...cream cheese toffee apple dip.


What you need:

~ 8 oz. of cream cheese {you can use a low fat version}
~ 8 oz. package of toffee bits
~ 1 cup of firmly packed light brown sugar*
~ sliced apples of your choice

*I usually don't end up adding a whole cup of sugar.  I will add a little at a time and taste as I go along.  But the original recipe I have says to add a whole cup.

 
To make this very easy and delicious recipe just mix together your cream cheese, toffee bits, and brown sugar until smooth.  Slice your apples and serve immediately.  It is perfect for fall and I promise it will be a crowd pleaser.  Enjoy!


1 comment :

  1. You have the prettiest blog! I completely forgot about toffee apple dips, this looks too good! I need to bring something to a tailgate this weekend and this would be a hit :) Yum!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!