Tuesday, September 25, 2012

the first day of fall

I am completely aware that the first day of fall was Saturday but I have this awful cold that has kept me from posting anything about my weekend.  I am feeling a bit better thanks to my lovely husband who literally waited on me hand and foot as soon as I got home from work yesterday.  He's a keeper! 

Fall is definitley here folks.  It seems as soon as September 1st rolled around the Northeast was ready for the crisp cold air to settle in.  It is already dark before 7, I have started turning the heat on in my car, and have been sporting a long sleeve t-shirt when I go on a run. 
I have found that the I get older the more I love fall. Funny how that happens.  Around these parts fall is just an indication that soon there will be piles of snow.  Regardless I find myself excited about sweaters and carving pumpkins.  Maybe even excited about listening to Christmas music....to soon?

Dan made it home on Friday night and on Saturday we slept in {one thing about fall I LOVE is the perfect sleeping weather!} and made our way to one of our favorite spots for brunch.  I had my first hot latte in a long time.  

 
We sat and talked for about 2 hours until we both had drunk enough coffee for about ten people.  There is nothing like not seeing your husband for a week or two to really appreciate your life and what you've got.  Once again, he's a keeper!  Our plan was to head out and do some apple picking but with this dumb cold we didn't get any further than pulling out our fall decorations and sipping hot cider.  By Sunday I did manage to make some chili and curl up to my hubby on the couch.

I hope all of you had a wonderful first day of fall!

1 comment :

  1. Totally know how you feel! Fall is by far my fav season and the holidays cannot come soon enough! I wish the weather was cooler where I live but I'm sure it will be storming before I know it.

    XxDani

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!