Sunday, September 30, 2012

wine o'clock

I am a wine lover and in our house we have wine o'clock pretty often.  
Its like any other o'clock during the day, expect you get to pour yourself a glass of wine.
Or maybe two. 


We typically have a pretty good selection of wine hanging around our place and when we find a wine we like well we usually stick with it.  Last Sunday when Dan and I were sick and feeling terrible we mustered up enough energy to drag ourselves to the grocery store.  On our trip out we made a pit stop at the liquor store to pick up some fall beer {Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale....yum!} and a few bottles of wine.  While we were there the store owner insisted we taste test some new bottles of wine he got in from 90+ Cellars.  They were so delicious that we bought a bottle of Cabernet.  It lifted our spirits a little.

I didn't know a whole about 90+ Cellars but they are a Boston based company that takes pricier, really great wines and sell them for less.  You can read about their story here.  We also tried a Malbec along with the Cabernet and they were both fabulous.  Next time your out buying wine I suggest taking a look at 90+ Cellars.  It will be a staple in our house from now on.
I mean who doesn't like to save a little money and still drink great wine?   

1 comment :

  1. I love this wine! I feel like Jess and Brian introduced me to it and said that the name comes from the fact that they gather grapes from "like" wines and combine them to make their versions of chards, cabs, merlots, etc. I could be totally wrong, but for some reason that's what I remember!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!