Tuesday, October 23, 2012

and a beautiful year is has been...

Just about a year ago I was seeing my {now} husband for the first time in 10 months.  It was a time that I bubbled up with appreciation for love and life.  Something that I have tried to hold onto.  There is nothing like seeing the man your about to marry after such a long time and I truly cherish this past year with him.  


This weekend, almost to the date, my husband brought me back the to farm we went to the first weekend he had gotten home from deployment last year.  The day was beautiful.  Boston is starting to show stunning fall colors around every corner. We picked pumpkins, ate cider donuts, and fed all the farm animals.  But truly just spending time with Dan is the part I love the most.  The whole day was a humbling reminder of how blessed we are to have been able to spend this past year together. 

2 comments :

  1. I am swooning over those beautiful Fall colors you have:) And the cider and cookies look amazing. But you are so right, the absolute BEST part of EVERYTHING is being with your lover and best friend. So glad you guys got this last year together:) love Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahh! i am still really crushed we haven't made it to a pumpkin patch yet this season. only a few more days!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!