Tuesday, November 13, 2012

tis the season for pomegranates


Pomegranates are in season right now and every winter I find myself not being able to get enough of this beautiful fruit.  Pomegranate seeds are full of vitamin C, fiber, and antioxidants.  Plus they are fabulous for your skin.  I have been using pomegranate seed oil for years in my homemade skin care.  These seeds are packed with all kinds of crazy good nutrients and easy to include into just about everything.

Most places you can buy the seeds already out of the fruit but I usually buy the fruit and get the seeds out myself.  Best way to do that you ask?  First start by cutting the fruit into fourths.  Place the fruit into a bowl of water and pull apart the sections.  Once you have four sections start loosening the seeds from the pulp of the fruit.  The wonderful thing about this little technique is that the seeds will sink and the pulp of the fruit will float, so it is easy to gather the seeds.


So what can you do with these delicious, colorful, nutrient packed seeds?  A lot. 

~ add them to plain or vanilla Greek yogurt with a bit of honey
~ dress up your glass of champagne {my favorite and perfect for the holidays}
~ add them to your favorite salad
~ juice them {if you have a juicer}
~ top your ice cream or other favorite treat with them
~ they are a perfect addition to any fruit salad or smoothie
~ add to your morning cereal or oatmeal
~  yummy in any rice dish
~ the juice from the seeds is perfect for salad dressings, marinades, and cocktails
~ I eat these babies by the spoonful as a snack during the day....delicious

Hope you enjoy dear friends!

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!