Monday, December 17, 2012

meet millie

This past weekend I had a very heavy heart after the events on Friday.  It felt like I couldn't pray enough and I still can't seem to wrap my mind around the whole tragic event.
It is something that should never happen.  It is something that no one should have to endure.

Despite the sadness and the overwhelming situation we did have a bit of a silver lining.  We went and picked up our new sweet 6 month old pup, Millie.  She was being fostered in New Hampshire after being brought up from the south with her mom, sister, and brother {all who were adopted as well}.  Dan and I have talked about adopting a dog since we have been married but working in the veterinary world I am quite picky when it comes to taking a dog home.  I have seen a lot of great dogs, a lot of bad ones, and a lot of dogs that just didn't fit their owner's lifestyle.  It is a big decision that's for sure and I can't tell you how excited we are to have added a sweet dog to our family.


To tie everything together read this article.  Animals, especially pets have a way of consoling and making a tough day so much more bearable.  And for the people in mourning and sadness they provide comfort just by being there.  They always love so much.  It is a lesson that we all can learn from them.  Love and love some more...life can change so quickly.

No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!