Thursday, January 3, 2013

a clean slate

A new year always feels like a clean slate.  This year was no different.  I woke up on New Years day with a little extra spring in my step.  Though I am not a real resolution maker {I leave those for my birthday}  New Years always gives me the push I need to take a good look at what I want my life to be.  That isn't always the easiest thing to do, especially if you're not where you thought you would be.  It happens.  No matter how my year has gone I only make one promise to myself at the start of a new year and that is to be a better person than I was the year before.  


 This was a year of first.  It was our first year of marriage, living with one another, and for lack of a better word it was normal.  We had been in a long distance relationship for so long that having each other around for a whole year was the most normal we have felt yet.  Here is to another year of no deployments for my handsome hubby.  2012 was definitely a year to take in and grow.  

I have a lot of hopes for the year to come; for both my marriage and for myself.  More adventures, more travel, more love, a lot more firsts, and more patience.  I want to use my time better, more yoga, be better at staying in touch, love more {yup said it again}, and I want to truly follow my heart.

I wish the happiest 2013 for all of you!



 

1 comment :

  1. Ahhh cheers to that! Looks like a year well lived, and so happy no deployments! yay!
    Wishing you the best in the coming year~
    A

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!