Wednesday, January 16, 2013

life lessons from my fuzzy friends

My husband and I are officially out numbered by the pets in our home.  We introduced Millie to our happy little household a month ago and it has been nothing less than exciting since.  I wont bore you with every single hilarious scenario between the cats and the pup, but trust me we have our hands full.  And since Dan and I aren't planning on having babies any time soon you get to hear about our fuzzy friends.


Millie has already turned my world upside down with the amount of bathroom breaks she needs and her bad habit of bringing me every single shoe she can find in our house.  Having a puppy is more frustrating than I thought it would be, but let me tell you one of the things I am working on is being more patient and she has definitely made me rise to the occasion.  I may have shed a tear or two when she stepped in her own poop and then ran through my house without letting me clean her paw or decided to pee {a lot} at the top of our stairs and it pretty much made a lovely yellow stream all the way down to the bottom stair...as a side note both of these instances were before I had to leave for work.  Patience.  It is a good thing to always be working on.

I am amazed at how much this dog enjoys every single second of her life.  I try and run with her a few times a week and it is the only time in my entire life that I am able to laugh and smile while running.  And she has gotten me to run a lot faster than I would if I set my own pace.  This little pup looks like she has a smile on her face every time she sees someone on a bicycle or a couple walking by chatting over coffee.  And if she finds a stick...oh well forget it, she is the happiest little creature on earth!


These sweet felines have been with me since I moved to Boston.  They have seen me through all Dan's long deployments and have rarely missed a night snuggled up with me before bed.  I have had them since they were teeny tiny.  Gosh they were so cute and they still are; especially when they snuggle on the couch and hold hands {see above}.  They always remind me to slow down and take a cat nap.  They tend to follow me around the house curious as to what I am doing but they get tired of my constant hustle and bustle and soon retire to the couch for a snooze.  They always remind to slow down and that its okay to stretch out in the sun every once in a while.

Yup these cats are pretty good at taking everything in stride.  And they always amaze me at how much snuggling they can endure.  They want to sit on your lap, curl up with you in bed, and be at your feet most of the time.  And I have to say I don't mind it at all. 


No comments :

Post a Comment

I always love hearing from you!