Friday, January 18, 2013

nutella-stuffed chocolate chip cookies

I posted a few weeks ago about my trials and tribulations on cookie baking.  Well it got a bit out of control and there were cookies everywhere.  My husband was in heaven.  Then New Years Eve rolled around and I got a little creative; I stuffed the chocolate chip cookies I had gotten so good at making with nutella.  
ummmmm.....Delicious!

{I didn't take photos of the nutella-stuffed cookies...sorry!}

What to do:
 
I follow the Nestle Toll House recipe for my cookie dough.  I formed 1 1/2 " balls of dough and placed them on a greased cookie sheet.  I flattened each ball then placed a spoonful of refrigerated nutella {it works better if the nutella is refrigerated before} into the center of each cookie.  I began to fold the sides of each cookie up over the nutella.  This is a little tricky.  I had a few cookies that need a little extra dough on top to make sure the nutella wasn't exposed.  I place the cookies in the oven at 375 degrees for about 11 minutes.  Once they were done I let them cool on the cookie sheet to ensure that they wouldn't fall apart. 

They came out great and they were a hit at the party!  I haven't gotten all the cookie making out of my system so if you have any other great recipes out there please share.

Happy Friday!

1 comment :

  1. These sound like my kind of cookies. Nutella gets me...:) Have an awesome week!
    A

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!