Thursday, January 10, 2013

wanderlust

wan·der·lust  
n.
A very strong or irresistible impulse to travel.
A great desire to travel and rove about


I have big dreams of traveling this world.  I can't help myself.  I save clippings from magazines of places I want to visit, I fill my desk drawers with paintings and postcards of far away countries, and I have placed books on my book shelf of places to see and stay.  Its a tease I guess but hopefully someday I will make it to most of those places.

I was blessed with being able to travel while I was in high school (oh so long ago) and college.  I have done a little since settling into real life but with the responsibility of paying bills and working, traveling to distant lands hasn't been at the top of my list.  Though it should be.  Plus I have a husband that has traveled to about 20 different countries in the past few years and loves the thought of keeping in low key in New England for a while.  But this new year has shed new light on the idea of traveling.  Whether it is in this fine country of ours or heading abroad, I want to make it more of a priority. 


California has been on my list for a while.  I have flown over California, I have even had a layover in LAX, but never have I visited.  This trip is already in the works with two of my best gals this spring and I am beyond excited!  There has been talk of winery hopping, drives along the coast, and maybe some camping.  


I have traveled to Central America twice before, Belize and Costa Rica but the next place I would love to step foot on is Nicaragua.  I wouldn't mind a little time by the sea and some laid back travel by bicycle.


Europe, Europe, Europe!  Especially France and Italy!  I backpacked through Europe when I was in college.  No money and a lot of hostels.  I would loved to go again with my handsome hubby and really do it right.


If you haven't read Amanda's blog you should.  Her and her husband just got back from New Zealand.  I can't help but drool over the pictures she posts and it makes me want to hop on a plane and head to a New Zealand winery.  


Just a few places I would love to visit.  Maybe someday. 
Do you all have your master list of places you want to travel?  Do tell, do tell!

1 comment :

  1. I'm with you on all of these! Lived in CA for 4 years (san diego) and went all over. North is vastly different from southern CA! I'm dying to go to NZ as well! Have some buds there right now : )

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!