Monday, February 11, 2013

dan's favorite pasta

Well I apologize for the lack of posts my dear readers.  I have traveled to Colorado and back, photos galore tomorrow.  Stay tuned!

Since Valentine's Day is coming up I thought I would share a few things about my Valentine.  Starting with the first meal I ever made Dan, that soon turned into his favorite.  We call it Dan's Favorite Pasta around these parts...catchy isn't it?


Dan's Favorite Pasta

1 13.25oz box of whole wheat rigatoni or penne pasta
2 fresh tomato
4-6 cups of spinach
 extra virgin olive oil
2 tsp basil
2 tsp oregano
fresh grated parmesan
fresh mozzarella
salt and pepper to taste

Start boiling water, once it boils add pasta.  In a sauce pan add your olive oil, salt, and pepper.  Chop the tomatoes and rinse the spinach, then add both to the sauce pan.  Sautee vegetables on low.  Once your pasta is cooked drain and add to the vegetables.  Add your spices and cheese.  Mix all together and cook for another 5 minutes until cheese is melted.  Serve immediately.

Feel free to add more cheese or spices.  Sometimes we even get a little crazy and add grilled chicken or shrimp to the mix.  It is the perfect meal to serve with a salad and wine.

3 comments :

  1. Looks/sounds great! Good mix of ingredients.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Food is always better with wine:) I remember this meal- definitely yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!