Tuesday, February 19, 2013

real life


Dan and I have struck gold on the real life part of marriage.  And what I mean by that is our whole first year of marriage was like happy hour.  We were finally together after years of being apart.  Our first year of marriage was more than wonderful and we celebrated it all the time.  So rolling into our second year I worried that things wouldn't be so magical.  Dan's work and school load got more serious, I took to teaching more yoga classes, and we actually got snow this winter which causes a stress all its own.

Real life set in. 

But I have to tell you this whole marriage thing just gets better and better with time.  Kind of like a good wine...right?  We know each other much better and we have a sort of rhythm in our day to day life.  And anyone that can put up with my array of crap has to be in it for the long haul and somewhat enjoy my company.  I hate cleaning off the stove after I cook, I make him watch new made up dance moves at 7 am {and no I am not a dancer...there is no reason for me to do this}, and I redecorate our house just about every week.  I could potentially drive a man crazy but Dan, he's different.  I am learning that more and more.  He has the patience of a saint I tell you!

I had a dream this past weekend that I was married to someone else.  One of those dreams that seems real.  My stomach was sick at the thought of being married to anyone but my husband.  Literally my whole dream was fretting about how I was going to get out of this marriage so I could marry Dan.  It was an awful feeling and I woke up with a sigh of relief.  I hate dreams like that but it was a good token of the things I want and have in my life.  Needless to say I did extra dance moves that morning out of pure thankfulness.

The moral of the story?  Don't worry I am getting to that. 

Marital bliss isn't going to hang around forever.  Oh I am sure it will come and go.  Life gets real and there is stress, long days, and cold showers because your hubby stayed in there way to long but you have to always be thankful.  Dan and I have decided to date each other for the rest of our lives, not be just married but enjoy each others company and always appreciate our real life.  Oh and we laugh a lot...that always seems to help.  I thank God for blessing us with the life we have, especially on those tough days.  When life gets real I just think back to the wedding vows we wrote each other and I remind myself I said yes to the good, the bad, the ugly.  And believe me friends, things can get ugly. 



3 comments :

  1. This post seriously brought the BIGGEST smile to my face:) I so so agree about everything .Kev and I feel like things are getting better and better every day, and we still had the most amazing first year! I love hearing what God is doing in your marriage, so beautiful!!! And that's SO funny about your dream because I had one exactly the same...I woke up and just about attacked Kevin in gratefulness that I was still married to him, hahaha!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Best online earning system in the world, Online Data entry jobs, Form Filling Jobs, Copy Pasting Jobs
    Join the best online system from home, Best Investment Plans without any work
    www.jobzcorner.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marriage DOES get better and better if you are married to the right person, which it sounds like you both are. We are too. Life is wonderful that way :)

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!