Wednesday, April 9, 2014

turning twenty nine


On Sunday I turned twenty nine, the last year of my life that I will ever be in my twenties.  I guess that means I will have to make this next year a good one.  I remember the day I turned twenty, waking up and swearing I saw a multitude of wrinkles around my eyes.  Like I had aged over night.  And then twenty five rolled around and I felt the sting of no longer being in my early twenties....again overnight I had somehow found myself in the late twenties category.   But this birthday there was no dramatic turn of events that sent me tail spinning into thinking I was that much older than I was the day before.  For the most part I feel like I am right where I should be in life.

I started thinking about all the things I have done in my twenties, I am down right blown away.  It has been nine years of learning, growing, making mistakes, falling in love, travel, settling down, and of course living my life the best I know how.  My twenties have been nothing close to boring.  And I hope that is true for this next year.  To make sure of that I started making a thirty before thirty list...mostly for fun but I hope it encourages me to do some things I wouldn't otherwise do.  My hope is to always live the next year of my life better than the year before.

So onto the last year of my twenties!

3 comments :

  1. Happy 29th birthday sweet friend:) It only gets better:) xoxo Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday, my birthday buddy! I can't believe we are, eek, 29! Looking forward to celebrating this weekend!

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!