Thursday, May 22, 2014

lately


May has so quickly moved along and I can't believe this weekend is Memorial Day weekend.  I always feel like when the weather starts to get nice days go by a bit faster, despite the fact that the days are actually longer.  And after this long cold winter nothing feels better than getting outside.  Millie and I have worked on both the flower garden and the herb/vegetable garden over the past two weeks.  Things are looking pretty good.  The tulips have already come and gone and the peonies are about to bloom.  Fresh herbs have been used on multiple occasions and I can't wait until we can pick some of our own veggies.  There is something very rewarding about growing the food you eat.

We have been enjoying this spring with family and friends.  I tend to hibernate in the winter and leaving the house isn't always my top priority.  When the sun appears and it's warm enough for flip flops then I make an effort to see the people I haven't for a while.  All the necessary things get put on the back burner and enjoying the weather and the ones you love  becomes the most important thing to do in a day.  The calendar has already started to fill itself up for the spring and summer, which I don't mind at all.  

In other news:  BOTH Dan and I have the next 5 days off which is sort of a miracle.  Work has been busy for both of us and on top of that Dan is still working on finishing up school.  Getting some time off together pretty much means that the stars had to align perfectly.  The plan was to head to the white mountains and do some backpacking/camping but it looks like the weather may not cooperate.  I'm not about to be in the woods for days while it's raining.  So who knows what will come of these next few days but I am sure we will find plenty of things to do.

So that's what we have been up to the past few weeks.  Living our very exciting little lives :)  I hope everyone has a safe and happy Memorial Day!


2 comments :

  1. Sounds like life is just wonderful right now :) Enjoy it, sister!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The garden looks beautiful and 5 days off together! That sounds like so much fun! Even though you can't get out for the camping trip, I hope you find something fun to do!
    ~Bre

    ReplyDelete

I always love hearing from you!